Scrabble in Java
Yaakov Fruchtnis, Lior Shadhan
Dr. Ilana David
Scrabble in Java is a network computer game, based on the widely known Scrabble game, written in the Java programming language. The game can be played simultaneously by up to 4 players via a network.
Special features of the Scrabble in Java game:
· Improved Java GUI that includes toolbar, status bar and scrolling panels (application can be resized to any size).
· 16 bit color graphics.
· Communication between players.
· Possibility to ‘Kick’ a player out of the game.
· Word checking with or without a dictionary.
· Game can be saved and continued later.
· Game continues if one of the players disconnects.
· The maximum number of players can be changed before compiling the program (the default is 4).
The Scrabble in Java game was developed as a Java stand alone application, using Symantec Visual Cafe and Sun’s JDK1.0.2 under the Microsoft NT/95 operating system.