Welcome to PyScrabble
PyScrabble is an online, multiplayer Scrabble game.
Please note that Scrabble is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc in the US and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, a subsidiary of Mattel Inc.
Neither myself, nor this game are affiliated with the Scrabble Crossword Game, Hasbro, Spear & Sons or Mattel in any fashion.
Written by Kevin Conaway.
- Ability to chat with all users connected to a server, send private messages and offline messages.
- Player rankings and server statistics
- Ability to play in simultaneous games.
- Use of ENABLE (Enhanced North American Benchmark LExicon) for English word lookup
Available in the following languages:
- Developed entirely in Python.
- Uses the Twisted framework for event-driven, asynchronous network programming.
- PyGTK for windowing.
See the game in action!
- PyScrabble 1.5.1 released!
This release is a fix for the server on windows. This is only a temporary fix for some path issues with nevow.
- Stability problems solved
With the 1.5 release, all the stability problems we've been experiencing should be solved. Please accept my apologies for the inconvience.
- PyScrabble 1.5 released!
PyScrabble 1.5 has been released. We've got a new language and new features so come check it out!
- The server now uses (and requires) ZODB as a backend for storing user/stat/game information.
- Added server version to server info
- Improved logging
- HTTP Proxy Support
- Support for adding additional hosts to list when registering
- Improved locale handling
- Renamed pyscrabble.py to pyscrabble-main.py to avoid naming conflicts
- Fix for 1564444. Improved unicode support
- New german words
- Serbian translation
I'm looking for help in the following areas:
- Translators! If PyScrabble isn't translated into your native language, lets work together to make it happen.
- Public Servers. Redundancy is good. If you can host a public server, please let me know.
If you think you'd be able to help out, please let me know!