Tony Harminc & Barbara Vinette <el406045@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU>
Combine all ingredients. Chill for a few hours to let the flavours blend.
- 3/4 cup salsa (use your favourite recipe, see below, or use salsa-in-a-jar)
- 1 cup V8 Juice (low sodium is fine - the salt isn't needed)
- 1/3 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded if you like, and finely diced.
- Tabasco or similar to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Makes 4 servings.
Cut jalapenos in half and remove ribs and seeds. Chop finely to make 1
cup. (Take usual precautions when handling hot peppers.) In a large,
heavy, non-aluminum saucepan, combine all ingredients except coriander.
Bring to the boil; reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often for
about an hour or until thickened. Add coriander; cook for five minutes
- 1/2 lb jalapenos
- 8 cups coarsely chopped peeled tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped, seeded, sweet banana peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup each chopped sweet red and yellow peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
This page is maintained by Graham Toal <firstname.lastname@example.org>