Nancy Harwood <email@example.com>
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease pie plate, 10x1 - 1/2 inches, or square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches,
or six 10 - ounce custard cups. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in 10
- inch skillet over medium heat until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt
and pepper. Spread in pie plate.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 - 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 - 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or process American cheese (4 ounces)
Beat milk, eggs and baking mix 15 seconds in blender on high speed. Pour
into pie plate.
Bake 30 minutes. Top with tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 to 8
minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
Aunt Pauline's Cranberry Salad
Dissolve Jell-O in hot water. Add pineapple juice, cool. Add remaining
ingredients. Chill until set. Serves 16.
- 2 cups ground fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar (over cranberries)
- 2 (3-oz.) pkgs. cherry or lemon Jell-O
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup nuts
In bowl, lightly mix avocado, lime juice, tomato, onion, chilies, parsley,
water, salt and pepper. Chill or serve at once. Good as a topping for
grilled hamburger patties or as a dip. Makes two cups.
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup water 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Pancho Villa's Secret Dip
Layer ingredients in the order given in a 9"x5" casserole dish. Serve with
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 can chopped black olives
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies, chopped
- 1 can guacamole (frozen) or 8-ounce carton
- 2 cups grated, sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 small jar picante sauce
- 1 pint sour cream
Cherry Cream Pie
Blend condensed milk, lemon juice and almond extract and stir until mixture
thickens. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into pie crust and spread evenly.
Spoon cherry pie filling over the mixture, completely covering the cream
filling. Chill at least an hour or overnight.
- 1 15-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pint whipped cream
- 1 1-lb. 6-oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 12" graham cracker crust
Makes 3 - 4 dozen
- 1 small pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
Cream the butter and cream cheese together, add the flour and mix well.
Chill the dough one hour or longer. Divide into 24 parts. Shape into
balls. Press each ball into one cup of a miniature muffin tin, forming a
crust with a roll around top. Leave no holes. Cream the margarine with
the sugar and egg yolks, add vanilla, chopped nuts. Fold in beaten egg
whites and pour into uncooked pastry shells. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20
minutes or until brown.
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
This page is maintained by Graham Toal <firstname.lastname@example.org>